HVAC & Air Duct Cleaning Experts
Serving Lynchburg, VA and the Surrounding Cities.
You spend a lot of time and money to ensure your home or business is clean and safe for your family, friends, employees, or customers. But what about the air? Your property's heating, ventilating, and cooling (HVAC) systems circulate air via ductwork. Dirt particles, dust, and dander build up over time in metal air ducts that deliver cool and warm air from your furnace and air conditioner. While the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has been unable to prove or disprove the notion, many believe particles may circulate into your indoor air through dirty vents.
Water Fire Mold of Lynchburg’s professionals use the most advanced tools and equipment in the industry and apply systematic duct cleaning best practices honed over years in the business. We put the highest value on open communication and customer service, and we thoroughly inspect your ductwork before going ahead with full HVAC cleaning.
Signs You Need Duct Cleaning
The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) recommends air duct cleaning every three to five years. You might need air duct cleaning more often, though, if you do not change your furnace filter regularly. We’re all busy – we understand. You may also have construction dust from the completion of home renovations. It's especially important to hire a professional, respected air duct cleaning service company if you know or suspect your home has one of these:
Common Contaminants in Indoor Air and Air Ducts
The EPA says indoor air is often many times more polluted than outdoor air. Many of these contaminants get stuck or even grow in the ductwork, possibly being re-circulated into the air you breathe. According to the EPA, "Contaminated central air handling systems can become breeding grounds for mold, mildew, and other sources of biological contaminants and can then distribute these contaminants through the home."
These are the most common indoor air contaminants:
- Bacteria & Viruses
- Mold Spores
- Pet Dander
- Animal & Insect Droppings
- Dust Mites
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) from household cleaning products and construction supplies like paints, varnishes, and glues
WE CAN HELP!
Let Us Take Care Of The Clean-Up in the Lynchburg, VA, Area
Our Air Duct and AC Duct Cleaning Process
When you hire Water Fire Mold of Lynchburg to clean your ductwork, our technicians will follow these steps:
- Inspect the system before cleaning, including checking to make sure no asbestos is present. If this is the case, special equipment is needed to remove it.
- Lay protective covers over household furnishings and carpet during the cleaning process.
- Vacuum out the ductwork and either exhaust the air to the outside. If necessary, they will use equipment fitted with a HEPA filter if the vacuum can't exhaust outside.
- Brush off duct surfaces with a soft-bristled brush to dislodge dust and debris.
- Remove animal nests and other evidence of pests.
- Remove any damp insulation that may have caused mold.
- Seal and insulate the ductwork to prevent air infiltration. The technicians may re-insulate any access doors that were necessary to open for cleaning and replace any removed damp insulation.